Carolyn Gregoire over at HuffPo put together a list of 6 signs your smartphone is stressing you out.
A codependent relationship with your iPhone could be contributing to anxiety in more ways than you realize. A 2011 study found that when young people unplugged from technology for just 24 hours, the vast majority reported experiencing physical and mental symptoms of distress.
Gregoire’s 6 signs of stress:
- You have to respond… immediately (Pavlovian)
- You have Phantom Cellphone Syndrome
- You have a fear of missing out on what’s happening
- You’re neglecting your friends & family
- You feel restless when you’re away from your phone (the extreme version is called nomophobia)
- Poor performance in school or at work
Check. I’ve had all 6. You?